I deliver one to one and group instrumental lessons to students of all ages and abilities. I teach from my music room on Mount Park Crescent in central Ealing, very close to Ealing Broadway and with easy access from the North Circular road and A41. The room is fully equipped with acoustic drums, double bass, amplification and CD player. I can travel to teach within 3 miles for an extra £5.
Skills and areas I teach:
• Drum kit (all genres)
• Double bass (classical and jazz)
• Bass guitar (rock and pop)
• Technical studies
• Ensemble playing
• Sight reading
• Indian improvisation
• African drumming
• Latin percussion
• IT skills, operation of Cubase and Sibelius (sequencing, arranging and notation software)
• Currently delivering instrumental and whole class teaching at 7 schools and Academies in NW London
• Leader and co-ordinator of ‘Rhythmatic’ drum ensemble
• Leader and co-ordinator of residential creative music workshops with the Quaker Noodle-Link group
• Group workshops on rhythm and improvisational techniques at HEART centre, Leeds
• Co-founder of and educator for Leeds based group IMOWI (Indian Music On Western Instruments)
• Workshops on Indian classical music at Newbold Community School, Eskdale School
• Workshops on Indian rhythm with the Derbyshire City & County Youth Wind Band
• Improvisation workshops at HEART centre jazz summer school
The joy of music making is at the core of my teaching practice. I love to play, I love to teach and inspiring young musicians is my passion! I have over 10 years of teaching and have taught in over 15 different schools, teaching one to one and running ensembles and music classes. I have experience working with students of all ages, from pre-school to over 60s and I have worked with students with learning difficulties, ADHD, Autism and Profound and Multiple learning difficulties (PMLD).
I understand the music industry in and out and I will equip you with the practical skills you need to become a professional musician. Or if you prefer just to have a bit of fun we can do that too!